Monday, January 09, 2006

The Heimlich Manuever Saves lives: A personal story

On 1-7-06 my daughter performed the Heimlich Manuever on her brother who was choking on a bone. (Their picture is below) I cannot express my gratitude enough, except to advise all of my readers that if you have not taken CPR/Heimlich etc training, I urge you to do so. If not for my daughter's extensive training as a lifeguard and all the related training that goes with it, I could not tell you what would have transpired on what I thought was a quiet Saturday afternoon. Based upon this event, I request of our FHC president (who is very familiar with these issues) to see if we can get some training/certification program at FHC for our membership. If there is a reasonable fee or contribution needed for this, I will be willing to sponsor such a program. (TO LIFE!!!)

Shalom. Jeremy Posted by Picasa

No comments: