Friday, March 10, 2006

Anonymous Charity: Blood Drive on 3-12-06 at FHC

I have chosen the blood drive for commentary since it is, in my opinion, one of the most altruistic and truly good things one can do to help society. I have given blood for the last several years at FHC. I also donated blood (together with a terrific member of FHC) for my son's brain surgery which happened in September 2005. Giving blood is giving of oneself for another. Unless it is an earmarked donation, you do not know who will benefit. The person that receives the blood never meets you or knows you.

Age, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Political Position, etc. are unknown and simply do not matter.

It is an excellent example of anonymous charity.

While no one I know likes the process, the result is also truly satisfying for the donor. As a donor you will know that you have given a part of yourself (which fortunately can be replenished) for the benefit of another.

At FHC we have a usual group of donors who yearly make a donation. I strongly urge everyone who is capable of donating blood to consider donating blood this year and thereafter.

It would be great to see new individuals step up and donate to this anonymous charity.

See you on Sunday at FHC .

Shalom. Jeremy

No comments: