Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The compassion of FHC members

My mother (rest in peace) used to say, "When the chips are down, you will find out who your true friends are." Well, the FHC family truly is a fine group of friends. Unbeknownst to me, my wife made a request (via FHC e-mail) for a unit of blood for Noah to be donated for his 9/21/05 surgery. (I am giving a unit on 9/14/05 and Robin cannot donate). Literally, within an hour we had a FHC member offer to donate and shortly thereafter several more offered. To the FHC member who is going to donate (I do not disclose names here), thank-you from the bottom of my heart. You are truly doing a mitzvah of the highest order.

To those who offered and are not doing it, thank-you for your compassion and willingness to come to our aid "when the chips are down".

And to those who have expressed their hopes for a speedy recovery, etc. thank-you. Certainly, it is my hope that the more people praying for Noah, the better he will be.

As I have been writing about for some time on this blog, I truly consider FHC to be an extended family of truly wonderful people. We should take pride in the fact that FHC is not just bricks and mortar, but truly the blood of its members, the sweat of those who contribute their time and energy and yes, the tears of the families who suffer loss and/or medical issues.

As a final personal note, I will try and get back to FHC issues as best as I can. Obviously, our personal issues concerning Noah/surgery/etc have become part of this blog. But since I consider FHC to be part of our extended family, I am writing about FHC and its absolutely terrific people.

Shalom. Jeremy


No comments: