Friday, September 02, 2005

Status Report re: personal note (Noah)

In August, we were advised that our son required brain surgery. As such, I took a period of time away from this blog to think about this and collect my thoughts and feelings. This blog was "Shalom for a while"....

To our extended FHC family I want to thank those who expressed their wishes and prayers for Noah. We truly appreciate it.

The current status is that the surgery is to take place on September 21, 2005 at NYU. He has several tumors in the brain, but the one that is causing the most trouble is approx 2 centimeters in diameter and is pressing on the lateral ventricle. He is in no pain and as of now is asymptomatic.

I will not go into the details other than to say that we have experienced our own tsunami of events since the decision was made for Noah to have brain surgery.

I am very proud of Noah who has been a trooper throughout, going to various doctors and listening to the Neurosurgeon describe the operation. It is heartwrenching to hear your child ask "Dad, is he going to put my head back together?" It is even more rattling not to be a firm "pillar of strength" even though it is needed now more than ever.

Since I do not have the skills of a surgeon, all we can do is utilize the power of faith and know that whatever happens, it is in G-d's hands.

Shalom. Jeremy

No comments: