Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thoughts on Young Judaea

Today, my wife delivers my youngest daughter to a bus in Rockland County for a week-end Young Judaea conference. She pleaded with us to send her!

When I asked my daughter if she planned on praying and studying at this conference, her response was no.

Rather, I expect this weekend will be an opportunity for her to bond with other Jewish Young adults her age. So, while it would have been nice for her to say she would be praying and studying Torah, I realize that may not be the biggest draw for her.

Smoozing with friends, making new friends, and in the process praying, studying and learning about Judaism may be the perfect combination for both young adults and for us older adults. Maybe we need to use the Young Judaea model for getting more participation at FHC.

Smooze first, pray later.

Below is the link for the Young Judaea website if you would like more information about Young Judaea.

http://www.youngjudaea.org

Shalom. Jeremy

No comments: