Sunday, June 24, 2007

HISTORIC MOVIE OF 1957 DEDICATION OF FHC UPTOWN FOUND!!!!!!!!

In what can only be described as an incredible find, a movie of the 1957 dedication (converted to DVD) of the FHC uptown synagogue was donated to FHC. I will not state the names of the contributors of this incredibly historic movie, but needless to say the contribution is greatly appreciated. (I also thank the person from FHC who received it and then tendered it to me.)

This grainy color 8mm (I believe) short movie is literally a window into the past. Images of members from 1957, 1950's cars, a procession from the downtown shul in an open convertible.... I got the chills watching the images as they quickly passed before my eyes.

When I first suggested a 50th anniversary celebration of the uptown synagogue several years ago based upon my looking at the plaque which was displayed in the lobby before the renovation, little did I know that our 1957 founders would have the foresight to place a 1957 journal from the 1957 journal dance behind the plaque, only to be found while we were having the renovation work done.

Similarly, this historic movie, so graciously donated, demonstrates the vision of those involved with the 1957 dedication of the uptown Synagogue.

I anticipate this will be shown at the October 21, 2007 Jubilee honoring the 50th anniversary of the uptown synagogue. All are welcome to attend this historic evening.

Shalom

Jeremy

No comments: